I finished this back in July, and immediately took it over to Jill's for framing. I knew exactly what I wanted, and I think it was the fastest Jill and I have ever decided what to do with a project. In fact, we spent extra time looking at other options since neither of us could believe the first choice, picked in 30 seconds, was exactly the right one.
There was only one small problem, the molding was on back-order. So we waited. And waited. And waited some more. There was false hope when one of the ladies at Shepherds Bush said she'd seen my finished piece. Alas, it was someone else's, my molding was still on a slow boat.
In case anyone is wondering, I did convert this to silks, and change the colors a bit. That's why it might seem more yellow. The house and alphabet were stitched in Shepherd's Moon (Threadgatherer Silk-n-Colors), a totally delicious warm gold that fades to a creamy gold.
The wait was well worth it, I totally love the finished piece. No clue why I love it so much, I'm not normally a pink and yellow type of girl, but this love affair has been going on since Part 2 came out, and has grown every step since. Mom, keep your sticky paws off it, this is mine.
About my last post, I was comforted that so many stitchers suffer from the same dilemma. Common consensus is anything is good, as long as we're enjoying what we're stitching. Right now I'm doing fun stitching, since I'm a bit loopy on Vicodin. Just a tiny eye procedure to remove a mass on my lower eyelid. Side benefit was my eye surgeon seems to be more concerned about my chronic corneal ulcers (caused by allergies) than my normal optometrist. I actually got some eye drops prescribed instead of just a pat on the back and directions to apply hot compresses.