Thursday, October 20, 2011

The wait is over!

I finished this back in July, and immediately took it over to Jill's for framing.  I knew exactly what I wanted, and I think it was the fastest Jill and I have ever decided what to do with a project.  In fact, we spent extra time looking at other options since neither of us could believe the first choice, picked in 30 seconds, was exactly the right one.

There was only one small problem, the molding was on back-order.  So we waited.  And waited.  And waited some more.  There was false hope when one of the ladies at Shepherds Bush said she'd seen my finished piece.  Alas, it was someone else's, my molding was still on a slow boat.

In case anyone is wondering, I did convert this to silks, and change the colors a bit.  That's why it might seem more yellow.  The house and alphabet were stitched in Shepherd's Moon (Threadgatherer Silk-n-Colors), a totally delicious warm gold that fades to a creamy gold.

The wait was well worth it, I totally love the finished piece.  No clue why I love it so much, I'm not normally a pink and yellow type of girl, but this love affair has been going on since Part 2 came out, and has grown every step since.  Mom, keep your sticky paws off it, this is mine.


About my last post, I was comforted that so many stitchers suffer from the same dilemma.  Common consensus is anything is good, as long as we're enjoying what we're stitching.  Right now I'm doing fun stitching, since I'm a bit loopy on Vicodin.  Just a tiny eye procedure to remove a mass on my lower eyelid.  Side benefit was my eye surgeon seems to be more concerned about my chronic corneal ulcers (caused by allergies) than my normal optometrist.  I actually got some eye drops prescribed instead of just a pat on the back and directions to apply hot compresses.

16 comments:

Teresa S. said...

Love the gold thread on the house-the frame color picks it right up-beautiful!

Christine said...

Oh that's lovely, the frame was worth waiting for

Lois said...

The frame is perfect for this piece! Definitely worth the wait.

Siobhán said...

Oh, it's beautiful!! You must be thrilled with the result. :)

cucki said...

it is really very beautiful..and the frame is perfect for this piece..
love for you xx

Chris said...

The frame is perfect Mindi! It was worth the wait. I love this sampler and your stitching is beautiful. This is one of those things I need to finish! Instead of mucking about!
Have a great weekend!

Carol said...

Oh, my! That is one stunning piece, Mindi...I love your color changes--the whole piece just seems to have a "glow" about it... Wonderful work :)

Unknown said...

What a lovely and delicate work !
Pat

Kathy Ellen said...

Hope that your eye is feeling much better soon. Good that you have such a good eye surgeon to be following you closely for your corneal ulcers! Our eyesight is so precious:)

Lovely stitching finish of the "Birds of a Feather" Mystery Sampler. I thoroughly enjoyed stitching mine, maybe in part because I had several other friends who were stitching it at the same time, and we had such fun watching each other's progress! Take good care of yourself:)

Theresa said...

What a beautiful frame!!! It goes so well with this gorgeous piece!!!!

Kellie said...

That is absolutely beautiful! I love your silk conversion. Very pretty. I completely understand where you are coming from on your prior post. I have stressed this year because I have not finished much of anything. I have just not been in the mood to stitch, and flitted between projects and starts without rhyme or reason. I 'think' I am getting more focused now. I think we put too much pressure on ourselves sometimes with stitching when really it is a hobby to be enjoyed... I know I am certainly guilty of this.
Have a great weekend!

Myra said...

That is gorgeous! I really want to send mine to Jill for framing - saving my pennies. :o)

valerie said...

Beautiful! Love the color change to yellow. I have a thing for yellow houses too...

BrendaS said...

Beautiful finish! LOVE your choce of molding.

Margaret said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love it! Jill is a magician. :D

Patty C. said...

Beautiful Finish ;)