Wednesday, October 26, 2011

SAL Stitching

This week I was reminded why I don't normally sign up for SALs - I don't deal with enforced stitching deadlines very well.  Carol spoiled me with her SAL, so I sort of forgot about not enjoying being forced to stitch something.  She emailed parts out that were small enough you didn't stress about them, and left plenty of time to stitch each part.  Still lots of time to stitch on whatever else I wanted before the next part was due.

During my memory loss, I signed up for another SAL, a partnership between The Threadbasket and C Mon Monde.  Its really a very cute design, and I'm not regretting signing up for it, but.....
Its coming out in 4 parts, each a week apart.  Compare that to 8 parts, each part every 2 weeks.  Not to mention this new SAL piece is quite a bit larger, so each stitched part will be larger.  Oh well, its only 4 weeks, I can do it.  I have to, since I got part 1 done, I need to keep up or I won't get the other parts and I'll be left with an incomplete piece.  Anyway, here's my Part 1, stitched on 40 count R&R Neptune Blue linen with HDF silk.

And not to be left out, here's my Part 7 of the iStitch SAL.

My other little discovery in the last week were these.

For some reason I got a craving for ice cream sandwiches.  When it comes to ice cream I don't waste my time with the crappy stuff, full of air and chemicals.  And there's no way I'd eat just half of a regular size.  If I open that puppy up, its ALL going in my mouth.  So when I saw these, I fell in love.  Still big enough to be satisfied, not so big I feel guilty.  Unless I eat two.

I promise, I actually have been doing other stitching, and even some "serious" stitching, I just have't taken pictures.  Maybe next post.  Thanks again to everyone for stopping by and leaving comments!  Somehow in the few months I've been blogging I've grown from 1 curious follower to over 50.  I think that might warrant a give-away soon, especially since I noticed I seem to have quite a few duplicate charts.

12 comments:

Cindy said...

i smiled when i read your post....i probably will not do SALS either because of just that reason...hehe...but i love what you have finished...i so admire those of you that stitch on 40 count...it is soooo beautiful! and thanks for the heads up on the 'little' ice cream bars...just wrote them on my grocery list...have a great day!

Margaret said...

Both SALs are lovely! I really love that one you're worried about - you can do it! So pretty! Have you seen the Klondike Bar 100 calorie offerings? They're pretty good too!

Chris said...

I thought about signing up for this too. It is so sweet but I knew that I would not do well with the schedule. I just don't stitch well with a deadline. I get stubborn.

Penny said...

I didn't realize that was how a SAL worked, I don't think I would do well with a deadline. Both are so pretty though!
Unfortunately my thyroid is acting up and I've put on 20 easy pounds, so I will have to resist the ice cream ~ darn it!

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on both of your SALs.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely stitching on your SAL's. That ice cream looks very tempting :)

cucki said...

hello dear, very lovely stitching..i love both of your sal's..they are so beautiful.
ohhh i love these ice cream sandwich too..yummyyyy..
enjoy them and have a lovely day..
lots of hugs for you xxx

Annie said...

I saw that SAL and felt the same way.. cute, but much too time consuming. I'm doing Carol's and a couple of others like that with installments far apart and each installment pretty small. Some will take almost a year, but I'm doing it for the fun, not the finish.

Your Part 1 looks great. I saw your iStitch piece on Vikki's board and didn't realize that was you!

Sally said...

Lovely progress on both your SALs. I'd love to do the winter one but there's no way I can fit it in!

Lois said...

What nice progress on your iStitch SAL and I can totally see why you signed up for the other one. It's going to be a lovely piece when it's finished. You can do it!

Isobel -Argante- said...

Lovely progress! I love this project, congrats and have a nice week end

Isabella
the Primitive Hare

Christine said...

Both your SALs are beautiful