Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mary Gibson Sampler

I just saw on the Needleprint blog that the Mary Gibson sampler is charted and being sold directly from the Haslemere Education Museum.

First of all this is a stunning sampler, I love all the reds.  And look at the cute Adam and Even hidden in there under the huge tree.  There's even some blackbirds!  Second, I'm assuming that 100% of the funds from the sale are going directly to the museum, since they're selling it.  I love that.  Hopefully more museums out there chart some of their samplers and sell the patterns, to fund future acquisitions and conservation.  In the day and age of e-mailed PDF files, they don't have to worry about the cost of printing.  I love PDF patterns, I can print them as big as I want.

4 comments:

Siobhán said...

Isn't that a gorgeous sampler?? I can't wait to stitch it. I did my grocery shopping this morning and kept thinking about what linen I'd use as I made my way through the aisles.

I love your blog header. Beautiful pieces! I want to stitch When Witches Go Riding this year. I had forgotten how much I want to stitch Ida Mae, too. Lovely pieces!

Penny said...

Oh my gosh! It is stunning, I love it. I will have to add it to my LONG list.

Carol said...

Hi Mindi--Just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave such a nice comment! I'm happy to have found your great blog, too :)

That is one lovely sampler--hope you stitch it so I can follow along!

Deb said...

This sampler flew into my mailbox as soon as I could send the money for it. I'm in love with the reds in it too and what better, but Adam and Eve to boot. I think it's high on my list to stitch soon!