Thursday, February 7, 2013

Plans

My plan was to work on Jane Rees.

What actually happening is I'm working on Shepherd's Bush Eve's Garden.

My plan was to knock out my Social Responsibility class quickly.

What's actually happening is I'm taking lots of break from the computer and getting some stitched things finish-finished.

Why am I not sticking to my plans?  My eyes - they're bothering me again.  I can't handle 40 count linen right now, but Eve's Garden is on 32 count.  Reading on the computer monitor hurts my eyes after a bit, so I take breaks and try to work on the pile of stitched items that need finishing.

Charlene created a fantastic blog that has been very motivating - Stitched: Now to Finish

Valentine designs stitched last year, BBD stitched 2 or 3 years ago

With Thy Needle and Thread Home for the Holiday
stitched 4 years ago

Cuffed and lined stocking

I've also been painting my nails!  I ruin a manicure faster than you can say snap, so I don't usually paint my nails.   Mom hated this color (Orly Night Owl - a taupey-grey with some shimmer), I liked it.


I've also been baking.  Easy-peasy whole wheat bacon cheddar scones.  The weather was gorgeous on Sunday, so we had breakfast outside.



I'll leave you with a snap of "rescued" trimmings from the flowering apple tree.  Dad decided to scalp trim it.  I wasn't sure if the buds would open up, but they did.


18 comments:

Gillie said...

What a gorgeous view behind the blossom! Have commented elsewhere on stitching.... Lucky you sitting outside, our Wyoming gang are aching for s***!

Margaret said...

Wow, glad you salvaged those apple blossoms! Gorgeous! Great finishing of your stitching too. Looking forward to see Eve's Garden. I want to stitch that someday too. I even got it out to start, but never started it. lol!

Ellen said...

Wow, the apple blossoms are gorgeous!

Beautiful finishes, I especially love that stocking!

Hugs,

valerie said...

Sometimes it's ok to stray from plans. Your finishes are great! Love the Valentine pillows with the ricrac and beads!

Catherine said...

Lovely post! Enjoyed seeing your finishes. I have noticed my eyes needing more rest lately too ~ guess it is time for me to get them checked!
Beautiful blossoms and view!!

Barb said...

I , too, have been straying form my plans!! I do love those little finishes.

Lesleyanne said...

Your stitched pieces are gorgeous. Love your nails. The blossom looks lovely.

Siobhán said...

I'm sorry to hear that your eyes are bothering you! Fantastic stitching and finishing--you go girl! I am not pushed on working on my Jane, either, but don't have an excuse. I keep reminding myself that the stitching police won't show up at my door! The blossoms are SO pretty. I'm looking forward to when the fruit trees bloom here, it's such a pretty time of year.

Chris said...

I think that you have been making the most of your time. I love the Halloween finishes, the scones and that nail polish color!!

cucki said...

aww the apple blossoms are gorgeous...
Beautiful finishes..like always..
Hugs xx

Giovanna said...

Gorgeous finishes, you did great!

butterfly said...

Such a beautiful post, hugs.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Nice distractions you got there! I sure wish we could sit outside and eat breakfast here. Lucky girl! I like the polish too. I might have to look that on up myself. Have a great weekend! Good luck on the school work.

Vickie said...

Hope you can figure something out with your eyes. Maybe a trip to the eye doctor might be called for?
You've done great. It sure feels good to get things finished up doesn't it?!

Carol said...

Oh, Mindi--the view out your window is as pretty as your finishes! Lucky you... Sure hope you figure out your eye problems--that must be so frustrating!

Myra said...

You Valentine pillows are so cute! I love your stocking finish - you did a fantastic job on it. I'll chime in with everyone and say that view out your window is awesome!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I'm happy you're getting some finishing done - beautifully! Thanks for the promo, too. The scones look delish, and I like to nail color, too.

Nicola said...

What a beautiful view, it must be wonderful to sit and stitch there.

Well done on all your finishing. Are you due an eye test? We have to look after our eyes.